Want to get involved in research?
I study trust, conflict and negotiation. If you would be interested in participating in studies on these and other related topics, please sign up here.
Thinking of graduate school or an honours thesis?
If you are a University of Manitoba student considering an honours thesis on trust, conflict, or related topics, I’m open to hearing from you. And, if you are considering graduate school in organizational behaviour, the University of Manitoba offers excellent M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs for students pursuing an academic research career. Please read this before you drop me a line.
- Neville, L. & Fisk, G.M. (2018). Getting to excess: Psychological entitlement and negotiation attitudes. Journal of Business and Psychology. Online ahead of print. [PDF]
- Herschovis, M.S., Neville, L., Christie, A., Reich, T., Cortina, L. & Shan, V. (2017). Witnessing wrongdoing: The effects of observer power on incivility intervention in the workplace. Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes 142, 45-57. [PDF]
- Chuapetcharasopon, P., Neville, L., Adair, W.L., Brodt, S.E., Lituchy, T. & Racine, A. (2017) Cultural mosaic beliefs as a new measure of the psychological climate for diversity. International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management. [PDF]
- Neville, L. & Roulin, N. (2016). Genius or folly? It depends on whether performance ratings survive the ‘psychological immune system’. Industrial and Organizational Psychology 9(2), 281-288.
- Bapuji, H. & Neville, L. (2015). Income inequality ignored? An agenda for business and strategic organization. Strategic Organization 13(3), 233-246.
- Brodt, S.E. & Neville, L. (2013). Repairing trust to preserve balance: A balance-theoretic approach to trust breach and repair in groups. Negotiation and Conflict Management Research 6(1), 49-65.
- Neville, L. (2012). Do economic equality and generalized trust inhibit academic dishonesty? Evidence from state-level search engine queries. Psychological Science 23(4), 339-345.
- Neville, L. (2012). Trust and contracts. In M. Marvel (ed.), Sage Encyclopedia of New Venture Management. Thousand Oaks: Sage.
- Fisk, G.M. & Neville, L. (2011). Effects of customer entitlement on service workers’ physical and psychological well-being: A study of waitstaff employees. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 16(4), 391-405.
- Neville, L. & Brodt, S.E. (2010). The curious relationship between fairness and trust in groups: When fair process erodes trust, unfair treatment begets trust, and unfair restitution restores trust. In Mannix, E., Neale, M. & Mullen, E. (eds.), Research on Managing Groups and Teams 13, 121-155.
- Neville, L. (2008). Book review: Organization at the Limit: Lessons from the Columbia Disaster. Organization Studies 29(11), 1483-1486.
- For a list of manuscripts in preparation, under review, or in revision, please contact me.